Monday, April 20, 2009

Color testing in progress

This week you will see a bunch of color shifts on this blog, since it is the easiest way that I have found to test hex colors on a website without having to set up test webpages. When we start working on CSS I will make test pages for the final project site.

I used the Hex Color Chips website, and it is great, but it still hard for me to visualize colors from chips. (I am no good at picking housepaint colors from swatches either.)

I confess that my favorite color scheme is light colors on a black background. It's the design I have used for personal webpages in the past. However, I recognize from our readings that a black background with light text can be difficult for people with visual impairments to read. So for the final project I will look for a more accomodating color scheme.

My topic is used bookstores, so when I hear the word "bookstore" I think of a spectrum of browns and burgundies for old books and then wood tones or grey metallic for shelving.

Other colors that I am looking at this week include: charcoal and slate grey, turquoise, mediterranean blue, what I have heard called "petroleum blue", light blue and light grey.

This week I will be searching for other sites whose colors I like very much and will post about them.

Have a good week!

Doreva

No comments:

Post a Comment