Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Walk a Crooked Mile Bookstore - 30% Sale and Yard Sales

One of the bookstores I am going to be featuring on my website, Walk a Crooked Mile Books, is in the process of thinning out their stock. Thus, they are offering a 30% sale on ALL BOOKS until Mary 23, 2009.

Also, WACM hosts wonderful yard sales for the Mt. Airy community. The small fee that the bookstore charges goes towards hosting and advertising, with excess going to support the independent bookstore. They have been voted Best of the Northwest by the Philadelphia City Paper both as a bookstore and as a yard sale.

Yardsales: 9:00a.m. - about 2:00 p.m.

  • Saturday, April 25
  • Saturday, May 9
  • Raindate - May 16

The bookstore sells coffee, tea, cold drinks, and cookies/snack crackers at the sale. Usually there is a vendor selling soft pretzels, and sometimes vendors sell baked goods. (If the person with the baking website wants to sell baked goods, sign up with Greg Williams at 215-242-0854.)

I will be a vendor on May 9th, selling lots of used stuff TBD. Feel free to come by and visit!

Tomorrow I will be talking to Greg, WACM's owner, about my project and hope to get an interview and pictures to begin work on my site. He's a great guy who is very committed to the neighborhood of Mt. Airy. I am happy to showcase his bookstore on my blog/website.

Doreva

Walk a Crooked Mile Bookstore

7423 Devon St. (Devon and Gowen Streets at the Septa R7 Mt. Airy Train Station)

215-242-0854

wacmbook@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment